Their verdant sheen and kidney-shaped curves, broad beans make them one of the best looking vegetables. They are rich in dietary fibers and iron. Broad beans can be used in simple vegetables dish in combination with potatoes and also in fried rice, salads and risotto.
Broad Beans/Avarakkai Product image shown is for representation purpose only, the actually product may vary based on season, produce & availability.
Broad Beans / Avarakkai Benefits:
- Broad Beans – Avarakkai are rich sources of vitamin A and C; vitamin A is required for good vision, skin, growth and bone development
- Broad Beans-Avarakkai are a source of both types of dietary fiber, soluble fiber.consuming soluble, fiber-rich foods may help improve your blood sugar and cholesterol levels. Soluble fiber is particularly effective at lowering low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol levels, commonly referred to as “bad” cholesterol.
- It is rich in fiber, which is required by the body to move food through the digestive system.
- Broad Beans – Avarakkai has high concentrations of an amino acid known as L-dopa (dopamine), which works as a neurotransmitter in the brain.
- The good amount of potassium in Broad Beans – Avarakkai- Fava beans helps the body maintain blood pressure and regulate heart function.
- Broad Beans – Avarakkai are a very good source of phosphorus in the body, which is required for the formation of healthy bones and teeth. In addition, it also helps the body utilize vitamins.
- It serves as a rich source of thiamin, which is essential to maintain normal nerve function